Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2nd car, low mileage, been in a 'small' crash supposedly

• 02-08-2024 2:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

I'm looking at a Ford Kuga with really low mileage, but according to the dealer it was a rental and has been in a 'small tip' /crash. I'll put it through cartell, and get a mechanic to look at it but should I just steer clear totally?

Advice appreciated, motors is far away from things I know even a small bit about.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Miscreant

I wouldn't necessarily steer clear but would be very wary. What your definition of a small tip and theirs might be completely different. Besides, the Kuga is a fairly common model so you should be able to find another one relatively easy. There are over 500 of them on Carzone alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,916 ✭✭✭User1998

Depends on the result of the Cartell check and the price of the car. It would want to be about 20% less than other similar cars since its been crashed/ex-rental

Also it will be slightly harder to trade in or sell when the time comes, so if you only plan on keeping it for a few years I’d probably avoid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭kirving

It really depends on the definition of "small", which can vary widely. Do they have any photos of the car following the collision? A rental company would absolutely document this very well.

I had a headlight and front bumper damage on my car that came to almost €5k (nuts…), but it's all new parts, and in fact means the car now has no stone chips on the front bumper, so is in better condition now than before the collision, but if a buyer was to ask, I'd have to say it was in a collision.

Advertisement