Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Honda Integra Dc2 white alloys

• 02-08-2024 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi all hoping someone with a but more knowledge than me will know what these are worth.

The alloys 5 stud are from a 98 spec jdm Integra which I had powdercoated about 15 years ago for a project I never completed.

I also have 8 centre caps from same.

Thanks in advance .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Luna84

Worth what ever someone will pay for them. Were they stored good after being powder coated as in are they still in excellent condition? And are centre caps still good?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 sparks3000

Very true, stored in a dry insulated shed,boxed and wrapped.

They are in excellent condition.

5 of the 8 centre caps are in good condition, three have slight chipping on the edges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

@Wibbs might be interested?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Id say you're not going to retire from the sale of these, yes that car was desirable years back, but the market is shrinking, make a deal that suits both I say.

You aren't wrong about that. One time I used to see them quite frequently. It's a rare sight to see one now. Well on the roads I drive on anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,936 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Any pics?

They are still desirable as the DC2 falls into vintage insurance and many will want to keep the OEM. I had a JDM 96 spec with the less desirable 4x113 patterns but I kept them on it to keep it oem.

Photo from back in 2005’ish. Would you believe we still have the 2004 E46 in the background.

Some pics there Gumbo, must try and get a few pics of my old Integra, was an incredible car to drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Are they 17's or 18's?

They are 16 's,

16 by 77 JJ50 's is what is stamped on them

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,936 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Cheers for the heads up https://www.boards.ie/profile/539031/Dr%20Turk%20Turkelton , but I already have three different sets. JDM 16's, EDM 15's & JDM EK 9 R 15's. Cos reasons.😁 Well, when the market bottomed out a few years back I grabbed a few spares of all sorts.

"Values" have gone up since, but imho have also peaked. Even though sellers on outlets like ebay and general dealers think prices are still strong, while their stuff goes unsold.

That's worldwide, the Irish enthusiast car market is absolutely tiny so generally prices here, that is what people will actually pay, is lower again. The market for these wheels being limited to owners of 98 on DC2 R's or EK9 R's who are looking for a set of wheels is even tinier again.

IMHO and it's just MHO a set of wheels like that will likely sell at 3-400 quid, but I suspect you'll be waiting. Much more and they'll sit on your shelf. They'd get more in somewhere like the US, but then you're into major hassle with shipping etc

I don't like to suggest this as it splits things up, but the centre caps on their own would likely sell on ebay. NOS ones go for around 200 quid for four, your set of eight should get 150 anyway. If they're the grey version they get a premium as they're unicorn poo compared to the white.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Thought you might be stocked up alright😂

Have a set of Mugen Mr5's myself taking up space- might be time to let them go.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The Mugen bit should help. 🙂 The whole JDM scene is kinda softening, not least because the Yen is way down in value and values tend to peak when the 25 year import rule for a model hits in the US, and the mad US market anyway. And current fashion of course. Bubbles are a near given. I suspect there are going to some tears from folks who spent a couple of hundred grand(or more) on Skylines in the last couple of years…

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Just seen someone on Facebook looking for DC5 Type R wheels. Was going to mention you but they are different. 16 vs 17 and a different look.

Advertisement