Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Attaching?

• 03-08-2024 4:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭

Well, if I'd said " Chicken Coop ", how many would've thought; 'Mm. Naah. I don't really Do chicken things.' 😉 I need to Attach two parts of a chicken coop. Complete mental block. Need some free thinking here, please 🙂

" Simply "? I need a way of attaching a, steel 1" mesh, box to a wooden box. Then, being able to detach it, without fuss. Perhaps daily. Undoing screws, each time, isn't an option. What is?

Catches? Some sort of Slotting thing? I dunno! Just throw ye thoughts in, please and thanks. There's bound to be stupid little stuff, this end, that'll make the seemingly obvious and simple obsolete. Way it is. But, ye never know. And I certainly don't! I need help! 😁

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

How about...a couple of threaded rods with nuts and washers coming out from the coop. Slide the mesh box on and drop between spaced washers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Screw some coat hooks onto the timber box and lift the mesh into and out of place.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭Stigura

Double Posted!

Oh FFS!!! Sorry, lads! Don't know if either of ye caught my reply ~ before I wrecked everything with a single click there?

Starting again ….. Yes! I just turned and gazed out the window, there. Clear my head. Had a possible solution to a perceived problem pop into my head 😉Bonus.

Yeah. @Lumen; Finally got a visual image of what I Think ye mean, there? Like @Rows Growers idea, some sort of Hooking On does seem to come to mind, doesn't it?

Only, see, this whole idea is a new look at what I've Already tried. And which just isn't 100%. I have a bigger, heavier version of something very similar out there. I wanted to do better with this one. So, I've already had some uncomfortable experience with 'Simple Hook On' attempts.

Keep trying to visualise, like on a kiddies animation; Simple cage effort. Wooden box. Big hands bring them together. How do they stick? That's the maggot.

Any Finesse's, lads? 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Put up a picture because your not great at explaining what you need.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Yep. Ye likely dead right! 😶 I'll have to scribble something and photograph it. I really need to learn how to talk correctly. I always try Not to write a Russian, just asking the simplest seeming thing? Always back fires and has me writing reams, explaining to bemused people about what they don't know, because I haven't mentioned it, so save words! 😬

One 'watch word' I always like to keep in mind though? " Now; Imagine completing this 'simple' task, when it's dark. The howling wind is lashing ye with freezing rain. And ye exhausted. "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

If I'm reading it right, I suggest the 'Stig method' Pat pending

Bolt, pin or dowel - depends on the fox cunning levels

@Gen.Zhukov 😍 Love It!

Yes! Now we're talking! Almost 'survival skills' sort of simplicity, isn't it? And could probably have taken a Books worth of typing, to convey, eh? (Would, me! 🤣)

No. I seriously suspect That's very much the nebulous concept that's been bugging me. Simple. Solid. …..

OoooKaaaayy. Thanks, one and all. I'll add this basic concept to the shed in me head. That'll free up space for the Next bit of irritation to start niggling.

That work bench comes to mind 😬

Advertisement