Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Group discussions for grief

• 04-08-2024 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi all,

My dad is on the way out and I'm going through quite a bit of anticipatory grief. One thing that appealed to me now and in future was an in-person group discussion with people going through something similar. Does anything like this exist in Ireland? I haven't seen anything through the regular resources online.

Thanks

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 14,332 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

You should ask the medical team who are looking after him. Depending on his diagnosis there will most likely be support groups in your area. For example the area I live in has a wonderful cancer support centre for both those diagnosed with cancer and their families and friends.

Speak to the team,or your own GP they will know what's available in your area. I hope you're doing ok. Loss of a parent is huge. You're doing right by looking for support.

Advertisement