Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August Bank Holuday Washouts

• 04-08-2024 12:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,547 ✭✭✭

I didn’t want to pollute the under 120h thread after the projections of heavy rain today and tomorrow but I realised I’m struggling to remember any particularly great August bank holiday weekends at this stage. More often than not it seems to be a washout. I’m wondering if that’s my impression or is actually borne out by records? Random ones I remember are 1996 which was wet, 2017, very wet and I just remember August last year in general being awful.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭moby2101

2014 was a complete washout as well iirc

Woeful ”summer” so far, hopefully we get a dew good weeks before the long evenings are gone 🥲

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭cml387

August 1997 merits its own entry on the major weather events page on the Met Eireann Site

Advertisement