Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help ID a bulb

• 05-08-2024 3:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭

Looking to replace these bulbs, there are two in a display cabinet I bought s/h about 6 months ago and one blew today. There are no markings on the bulb or on the fitting. Googling I found R14 type bulbs that look very alike but only listed as 110 or 130 volts and only available from the US with huge P&P costs. From an energy monitoring plug they appear to be using 26w so guess they are rated 30w.

Any help locating replacements much appreciated.

BTW More economical alternatives that fit and produce a similar colour light would suit even better.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭rob w

Bring it to your local electrical wholesalers and ask if they have a replacement, they should be able to help out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭JVince

E27 base.

Just put short or small E27 bulb into google/amazon and plenty of options will come up.

Will be best to change all the bulbs and go for LED

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tow

Looks to be a Edison Screw E27 base. R14 is Reflector style, these are harder to get now.

You may have to settle for a golf ball bulb.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭HorseSea

I measured the screw it's 26mm, so E26, which seems to throw a spanner in the works, even more limited availability.

I can't get to a wholesalers or anywhere else really, was looking to buy online.

I see AliExpress seem to suggest there bulbs are E26/E27 universal, don't know how that would work and not keen on buying anything electrical from them, even a bulb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

IKEA mainly sell EU continental standard bulbs/fittings, i think. E27 would be there, not sure you can get R14 short neck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭Gate Automation

https://www.lights.ie/p/led-bulb-e27-g45-5-w-400-lm-2-700-k-3-level-dim-10015483.html?lw_om_view=recotop&sv1=affiliate&sv_campaign_id=575373&awc=10896_1722886638_5baf10330dafa326862824b15fbb98eb&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=awin&utm_campaign=0_ie&utm_content=575373&utm_term=Comparison+Shopping+Service+%28CSS%29&et_uk=ca5d3b3f141a439fbdaeac4422306601&et_gk=YjU1MWYyYzFmYzRjNGZjMzlmMGZmNDgwMjhlYjdhYzglN0MwNC4xMC4yMDI0KzE5JTNBMzYlM0ExMg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,587 ✭✭✭This is it

Had never even heard of an E26 lamp before... Seems they're generally used in the US, here it's E27

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭HorseSea

Thanks for the suggestions, after failing to find the same bulbs anywhere except eBay for $70 plus $60 shipping!!!! I tried an e27 in the socket and it fitted fine, so ordered 25w equivalent e27 golf ball bulbs.

Advertisement