Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best suv

• 05-08-2024 1:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

Looking at changing the OH's 2015 tdi passat at the moment mainly due to it bring too low for her to get in an out of after numerous back surgeries. We have it narrowed down to a new kia sportage diesel or a new vw tiguan launch diesel.The sportage is 44k where as the tiguan is 50k (tiguan is a an automatic which is a plus)..anyone have much experience of either?..resale will obviously be higher on the tiguan but the sportage has alot more extras

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

All I'll say is for someone with back issues, get an automatic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Gorteen

I've just bought a RAV4 hybrid (Sport) and I am so impressed!!! It's comfortable, spacious, nice powerful 2.5 petrol hybrid engine, well 'specced'…. I would recommend!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Alfa Stelvio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭goochy

Very absurd choice . Looks wise I don't like how low down they are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39 colm reilly

ye need to get the other half to go for test drives in different models .Pick up something she likes 2/3 years old and save a ball of cash .Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zg3409

Tiguan auto with dsg is a good powerful car easy to drive. Ensure the model has basics such as reversing camera. Ideally front parking sensors. My old one has all that but no sat navs at all. It does have android auto and apple car play but still. .The Tiguan has not really changing styling since late 2016 and may never get a proper refresh due to EV models. Depreciation on a brand new diesel could be a challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭weatherbyfoxer

To be honest we were looking for a used one originally but 2-3 year old tiguan costs around 40k and getting it with the dsg gearbox and the electronically adjustable seat is near impossible and also the intreast rates are over double on the secondhand v the new car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,284 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That's not correct. The Tiguan was totally refreshed earlier this year with a new model.

Also the way new EV sales are at present and with some garages not valuing them as trade-in's I'd be more concerned about EV depreciation going by current trends change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭b318isp

The Tiguan is a more premium car, and feels it. It will have better residuals too. Diesel only until 2025 anyway, but the 150bhp unit is good. Note that the panaroma roof is not standard anymore. I find the ride on the 20" rims fidgety, the smaller rims are better - and the Sportage may be better on ride comfort.

My wife has a weak back, and we are on our 2nd Tiguan. She finds the standard seat absolutely fine.

As usual, go test drive both - and for the longer the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

My advice as i have a bad back is too look for an automatic first. Then look at the ride quaility of the car. Look for reviews online/youtube espcially on Irish/UK roads. Generally the bigger the wheels the harder the ride. French cars are generally more comfortable but you may have to sacrfice reliabilty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭kirving

For what it's worth, I don't have a bad back, no surgeries, not overweight but as a general rule, VW sets do not agree with me at all.

I'd be inclined to go with leather too, as it's a easier to make small adjustment and slide in the seat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭ferg01

Volvo SUVs are incredibly comfortable if they’re in budget. Maybe an XC40.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭weatherbyfoxer

That's for the input and advice,we bought a new tiguan in the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Rav4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭goochy

No tiguin

Advertisement