Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electricity Prepay Power €100 bonus credit for joining

• 05-08-2024 7:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭

As of August 5, 2024 Prepay Power are offering €100 bonus credit to both new customers and the referral friend.

Please DM me as per instructions below.

We are with Prepay Power for years & enjoy their competitive rates which are always set just below Electric Ireland. Have app set to auto €80 top up everytime we drop below €10 credit.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭coolbeans

You're fooling yourself if you think you're getting value at 45c odd per unit for the electric. That's nearly double what you'll find on Bonkers.ie for bill pay. It's an almost zero value proposition. The only way it would work in any way is in a shared house where you don't wanna be arguing with housemates over bills.

I just checked your link and it's 75€ for new customers not 100€

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭IRL086

I have €100 listed in their advertising in the screenshot above and T&Cs screenshot below

https://www.prepaypower.ie/why-switch/pricing

Showing 75€ for me as per above link. Regardless, 45c is an abysmal rate.

Many thanks for drawing my attention to this, I am shocked to see I am now paying 45cent a unit.
    When I signed up it was a much more competitive 36 cent incl VAT. I cannot get the cheapest unit rate from YUNO in my area, but I will shop around. Thanks again!

• Advertisement

I'm on night rate admittedly cos of the electric car but it works out at 26c day and 12c at night. You should be at least be getting below 30c from someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭hurikane

Would want to be nuts signing up for this. In addition to the usual standing charge, they have a daily prepayment charge, and atrocious unit rates. Complete and utter joke.

Thank you- its been a rude awakening! I am in two minds whether to leave my post up as a warning to others or delete, I dont want to be promoting such a high unit rate I was unaware I was paying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Its 30c a unit. But still expensive.

After much digging I am still unclear how much early termination of contract may be for Prepay. It might be just €50, but I also see they have a sting which might hit me:

I'll be onto them tomorrow. Thanks to all who took the time to post in here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Think it's around 30c unit rate. Works out grand for us with no big nasty bills arriving the week before Christmas so a few quid extra is worth it. Also got €240 free credit to sign up again this year when I told them I was signing up with electric Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭batistuta9

their standing charge is 340 urban, then their prepay service charge is 131 or 165 depending on classic or smart pay.

paying around 500 before any elec charges is absolute madness

Advertisement