Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Warsaw solo

• 05-08-2024 11:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,548 ✭✭✭

Will be in Poland in a few weeks, spending most of the time with others, apart from the last few days, in Warsaw alone. Looking for decent places to stay, for solo travellers & things to do.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I went there by myself back on 2019. I stayed in the Westin on Aleja Jana Pawła II. It was a much cheaper than staying in the Westin in Dublin! Had a nice few days there. Was there to relax so didn't go overboard on activities. I did the walking tour. Much of Warsaw was flattened during WW2 so not much of the old town was original.

I saw a movie at the cinema in the Palace of Culture. It was in English. I did a lot of wandering around and tried lots of different types of pierogis.

It's an architecturally interesting city. At times you'd think you were in NYC and other times it was like being back in Soviet times.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Many Polish cinemas show US/British films in the original language.

If you have an interest in history the Museum of the Warsaw Uprising is very well done. The Museum of life in 'Soviet' Poland is fun, especially if you were ever in Poland in the old days.

The Copernicus Science centre is very cool too, if that's your bag.

Great jazz bars and free (or very cheap) classical music concerts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭redmissb

Check out Puro hotels, there's two in Warsaw I think.

Advertisement