Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tips for accommodation in Dublin

• 06-08-2024 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi all.

I'm heading to AC/DC on August the 17th. My housing source is going abroad on a holler so that route is dead in the water. Anyone have any tips for how to find alright accommodation in Dublin for a reasonable price? Any travel suggestions for maybe hopping on a bus out to an area with cheaper accommodation?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,579 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

If you're not too fussy, you can get one of the old trainee priests rooms in Maynooth college. Get a classic room in the South Campus and it's €75 and a five minute walk from the station, 40mins from Drumcondra after the gig.

I've stayed there a couple of times and it's perfectly grand. Old and tired but nothing wrong with the rooms. They even do breakfast, though it's nothing to write home about.

They seem to have even cheaper rooms on the north (newer) campus. Never tried them myself, they appear to be a room in an apartment so not so private and a slightly longer walk but I'd imagine they're grand too.

Edit: the website is virtually unusable on mobile, just to warn you

https://booking.maynoothcampus.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Sean Seoighe

Further to this I live in Maynooth and in case you want to stick around Dublin after and miss the train there's a bus 24 hours a day. It's an expensive taxi so just make sure you get the bus!

Advertisement