Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service Mobility

• 06-08-2024 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows much about mobility?

Not having a great time in my current role and was thinking of changing but recalled in a previous role when someone availed of the scheme a manager saying, "we'll make sure they know about him...." as the chap was going and he wasnt even that bad.

Just wondering if thats a thing people are aware of?

I also recall someone transferring into my current office and one of the managers hovering about asking if the girl was "ALRIGHT?" fairly excessively. Like she was expecting trouble.

I've heard managers can stall mobility requests has anyone heard this? How long does it usually take?

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I think they can only put a move on hold for 6 weeks. Haven't heard of people trying to sabotage people's moves. I doubt it happens. If you had a trouble maker or someone that wasn't up to scratch you'd probably be delighted to see them move on through mobility.

Advertisement