Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Facebook people you may know

• 07-08-2024 11:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭

Even though I have opted out Facebook still annoy me with people you may know suggestions.

Most annoying I have to go through a couple of hundred suggestion clicking the x to dismiss. Can't dismiss all at once

And they are all Africans. Not to be racist but I don't know anyone in Africa and don't search Africa. Also I don't want people you may know from anywhere so no offense to African people

Is this in breach of Data Protection? Is there any fb address I can send a complaint to. Another is groups you may like, they are nothing to do with my interests. I only use fb to look up a couple of people text a couple of friends

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭cml387

Just get off Facebook. You'll feel a lot better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

You may have opted out of certain aspects, but the end of the day, you continue to accept the terms to use Facebook. Like other forms of social media, in order to access and use their services, you have to accept in order to proceed with using the app. These terms or there features possibly include suggestion of new people - friends or otherwise. What data exactly are you assuming is being breached? You accept terms and as most people do, likely skim over them if even look at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Nux_BlackThumb

Sounds like you have your fb locked down pretty well privacy wise, my suggestions are pretty on the ball - they generally are people I may know, which is a bit odd to me as - how does it know that I matched with that person on a dating app yesterday? or that I had a work related meeting with this person.. Either way, I doubt what they're doing is a breach of anything legally.

To throw in a pointless opinion: there's very little good that can come from using FB, I use it exclusively for automobile related groups these days since it killed most forums, and I do not enjoy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭Woodcutting

Thanks. I need fb for a couple of contacts unfortunately.

Advertisement