Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Practical Jokes

• 07-08-2024 7:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭

I've been around lads who did practical jokes on each other growing up and always had a good laugh.

I instigated one, once in my life and people laughed at the person I played it on.

I didn't laugh, in fact I actually felt really bad about it at the time and I never done one again.

Has anyone a good practical joke story? Preferably one where you didn't feel bad about it afterwards.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Yakov P. Golyadkin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Okay

It's a pretty mild one by by buddies standards.

One of my mates kept going on about how he was off the fags, he had been off them 2 weeks etc. We were at the Willy Clancy festival in West Clare and the craic was good and the pints were flowing. My mate got chatting to a girl and asked me if I could spare a couple of smokes and a lighter so he could keep the chat going with her, I obliged but I had a dud lighter with the gas turned up to 11.

I heard later in the night that my mate lit up her smoke and it singed the fcuk out her eyelashes and eyebrows.

25 years later and I still feel bad about it.

• Site Banned Posts: 12 Lonesome Rhodes

Use to live with lads years ago in house share they were always messing with each others cigarettes. One common gag that was always funny was emptying out the tabacco of a cigarette and refilling it with matchstick powder only covering the top with tobacco.

Was always funny seeing someone take a drag then the cigarette turning into a mini fireball burning up in 2 seconds flat and the puzzled look on their face like WTF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Gary_dunne

Made a batch of chocolate apples years years ago, 5 of them were actually apples, 1 was an onion. I even had an apple stalk on it to blend it in with the rest.

My Dad took the largest bite I've ever seen out of the chocolate "apple". Tears were streaming down his face for ages as I was wetting myself laughing.

Really should do it again sometime, simple and effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭corminators

Get a wireless mouse and plug it into somebody's pc in work then once a week take it out of your drawer and slowly move it across the screen, then build it up over time and move it more deliberately and end with clicking a few things..

• Advertisement
Advertisement