Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Settings for Siro

• 08-08-2024 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all.

We have switched from Sky to Virgin 1GB FTTH via Siro. Siro has been active for 3 years. And Virgin is available via Siro to our property. ONT is in the hallway, and we have always used our own ORBI Mesh Network for a series of reasons.

One of the true benefits historically of Siro via the ONT and my own system is I just need to tweak some settings via orbilogin.net and I'm good to go. But I cannot find these settings anywhere and Virgin say such a thing is impossible when I call them.

Does anyone have this info?

Apologies if this answer is available but have not been able to find it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SR_123

Bumping this if anyone can chime in.

Spoke with Virgin support who hadn’t a clue what I was asking for. They insist the flow must be the ONT to their modem that they sent out and then that can connect to my Orbi mesh. They say I cannot bypass their modem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

I'd suggest checking the settings in the VM router as I don't think there's too many on here using VM via SIRO to be able help you

You'd need to check username, password, VLAN ID, whether connection is Static IP, DHCP or PPOE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ongarite

The VM hub that you get is the ONT so you have to use it.

If you look at the wiring of the hub, the fiber cable goes into it rather than a standalone ONT device.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Is that the same on SIRO? I thought they only did that on their new fibre network i.e. an "integrated" router and ONT setup

Post edited by pizzahead77 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭65535

Probably VLAN10 setting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 SR_123

VLAN10 is set after being recommended. But our settings via the Orbi interface still point to skydsl.

With SIRI we have an ONT on the wall so there is no technical need for installation of a second if you can avoid it.

Advertisement