Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Islamists planning terror attack at Taylor Swift Concert force cancellation

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,091 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Targeted the largest concentration of teen and preteen girls humanly possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭Gary_dunne

I am not willing to tolerate those who are Intolerant.

I really hope you see the irony in this sentence. You're intolerant to Islam because some Muslims have extremist views.

Do you not tolerate yourself then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭MegamanBoo

There's nothing 'misinformation' about it. Just correcting the error an earlier post made when they said 'the Grooming gangs we have seen recently have all been Muslim men targeting females and the like.'

Here's the actual report if anyone wants to read it.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/5fd87e348fa8f54d5733f532/Group-based_CSE_Paper.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭thatsdaft

So in your opinion Islamic terrorism in the “west” (which includes Ireland) is all kosher because “whataboutism Gaza” and “whataboutery some random lot in Middle East killed”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Halal or Kosher ?

Edit ... sorry ... couldn't resist.

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,733 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Thankfully they were caught

Few big concerts coming up at Croke Park in the next few weeks. AC/DC on the 17th and then Coldplay for 4 nights 29th-2nd Sep. Will our authorities take serious note and act accordingly after this ?

Ironically Coldplay playing same Stadium in Vienna before they head to Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

Islam has always been very violent. Way before the West started bombing them.

I'm sure you are well aware of what Islam did to India when the Mughals invaded. India never bombed anyone to deserve what countless Hindus had to go through

It’s ok

I am just amazed at the self loathing the far left has and the mental gymnastics they perform over the Middle East

In parallel threads they are busy excusing and cheering on despicable scum who are part of Hamas and Iranian revolutionary nonsense

Here we have “the west deserves it for helping Israel”

These people would see their own kids hurt at a concert and go “we deserve it, them Islamics are correct, we should totally listen to barbarians who are stuck in 8th century and treat half their population like cattle”

FML

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

You mean that paper that says that often when "Asian" was used as an indicator, later when more detailed descriptors were used, many became "Afghan" or "White British". So how can you state categorically that "White" means what you are wanting it to mean ?

It is clear to the dogs in the street every time a gang was sexually exploiting and raping girls just who were doing it - and why they were allowed to continue. Why you would want to deflect and dismiss on such a serious issue is baffling.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/jul/12/over-1000-children-telford-sexually-exploited-inquiry-finds

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rochdale_child_sex_abuse_ring

Key from the Rotherham report (from a book I'm reading currently - and repeated sickeningly often in other places (I used the first three towns I could recall but there are countless others. "Her report, published in 2014, found at least 1,400 children were subjected to sexual abuse and she detailed how girls as young as 11 were raped, trafficked, abducted, beaten, and intimidated by men predominantly of Pakistani heritage."

And lessons have not been learned:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/dec/08/police-still-victim-blaming-child-grooming-gang-cases-watchdog-finds-inspection-england-and-wales

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Augme

When did I say it was kosher? I said that the likelihood of Islamic terrorists stopping is about the same as the likelihood of western countries supporting and facilitating the bombing of Muslim countries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Whatever about targets - often though not only - female, it's very obvious to anyone with eyes that these attacks, including far right ones, are almost entirely due to male violence.

It's odd that so many men are so quick to play up the Islam side of it (which does exist, TBF) but are so eager to play down the wider "male violence" aspect.

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls@UNSRVAW "Very concerned about these statements by the IOC at Paris2024 There are multiple international treaties and national constitutions that specifically refer to#women and their fundamental rights to equality and non-discrimination, so the world has a pretty good idea of what women -and men for that matter- are. Also, how can one assess whether fairness and justice has been reached if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

Perhaps if they stop with the Islamic terrorism then there be no need to eradicate terrorists?

if your child was raped and murdered at a concert (something that did happen less than a year ago) would you just go “yeh this is fine, maybe those Islamics are onto something”

I don't see the conspiracy sorry. Where exactly in that paper do perpetrators start moving from being 'Asian' to 'White British' or 'Afghan'?

Nobody's denying what happened in with those predominantly Pakistani gangs, but what you're asking us to believe now (I think) is that the UK home office, presumably deliberately, misrepresented other examples of grooming to over-represent the involvement of non-Asian men. Is that what you're claiming?

Before the the October attack, 37 Palestinian children had been killed by Israeli forces that year. Not sure why you would expect them to just go "yeh this is fine, maybe those Israelis are onto something."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Is it not a bit too much of a coincidence that this is the second story of a murderous nature related to Taylor Swift? I.e. Southport killings!

Well, most perpetrators would be white, given the UK's demographics. The question is whether certain minority groups are overrepresented in terms of offending - and there is evidence for that.

BTW you quoted part of sentence but left out an important part of it:

It found there was limited research on offender identity and poor quality data, which made it difficult to draw conclusions, however "it is likely that no one community or culture is uniquely predisposed to offending".

There's nothing that says that this is not just wishful thinking. Certainly Danish data (where they publish ethnicities of offenders) suggests that sex crimes among non European immigrants and their offsporing is several times higher than the Danish or European averages.

Back to the UK and your link:

A previous piece of research from 2015 found that of 1,231 perpetrators of "group and gang-based child sexual exploitation", 42% were white, 14% were defined as Asian or Asian British and 17% black.

The problem is that the data is from only 19 out of more than 40 police forces and nearly a decade old.

From UK data (2021)

• people from Asian ethnic groups made up the second largest percentage of the population (9.3%), followed by black (4.0%), mixed (2.9%) and other (2.1%) ethnic groups
    • according to the 2021 Census, the total population of England and Wales was 59.6 million, and 81.7% of the population was white

So over 80% of the general population are white but only 42% of sex offenders are white. Unless sex offences by white men have risen massively since 2015, that alone suggests there is an issue. As there is in Denmark - only the BBC are determined to ignore it and to call anyone mentioned it racist.

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls@UNSRVAW "Very concerned about these statements by the IOC at Paris2024 There are multiple international treaties and national constitutions that specifically refer to#women and their fundamental rights to equality and non-discrimination, so the world has a pretty good idea of what women -and men for that matter- are. Also, how can one assess whether fairness and justice has been reached if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

So you do think that “western” people deserve to be murdered by Islamic terrorists, thanks for clarifying

It's in the paper you sent me - I had assumed you'd read it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,172 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I wasn't talking about Islam being 'aggressive towards females', I was talking about the reason as to why Islamic terrorists were planning to attack a Taylor Swift concert. You quoted me and brought in something I wasn't addressing at all.

You are conflating two different things. Let me spell it out for you:

Issue 1 - why was this venue being attacked? That is what I was discussing. It had nothing to do with the gender of the performer, there is zero reason to think this, particularly going on previous Islamic attacks on concerts. To think so is actually, quite frankly, bizarre.

Issue 2 - Islam has an awful track record with women's rights and many facets of it treat them poorly. I wasn't discussing this and I actually completely agree with you here.

The fact that you assume I disagree with you on issue 2 because I said the venue wasn't being attacked because she was female is again, bizarre.

• Advertisement

Where as "lets parachute into an open air gig with our Go-Pro cameras on, gang rape the women (and men, we must be equal), slaughter entire families, end the day with 1,700 dead and babies held hostage…."

That though makes sense to you ? Jesus wept.

I don't think it's necessarily because Taylor Swift is female as much as because most of her fan group is female. The Bataclan attack which you seem to think disproves this really only demonstrates another facet of religious terrorism - the fact that the group were called Eagles of Death metal and had been associated by detractors (wrongly but associated nevertheless) with elements of devil worship and the likes, and that the Bataclan belonged to Jewish owners also seem to have been factors.

IOW, religious extremists can hate more than one set of people at a time.

No. Unlike you, I don't think killing innocent children is ever justified.

When did I say it makes sense? I didn't. Israeli soldiers sexually assualting Palestinian prisoners will never make sense to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,187 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

A US tip off, thankfully scum caught with no deaths or injuries

https://www.irishtimes.com/world/europe/2024/08/08/austrian-man-19-confesses-to-plan-to-detonate-bomb-outside-taylor-swift-concert-in-vienna/

Europol were worried last year about extremists and it has got worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

What does Israel have to do with a thread about a planned attack on a Taylor swift concert in Austria? Some people will use any excuse to rant about jews.

I wonder what will happen with the rest of the tour dates? I hope they are able to go ahead as planned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

But it's not just that, a mass murder at a large gathering, it's more likely a mass murder of little girls, for full atrocity effect. Make no mistake, that's what the intention was. The younger the better for them and their evil cause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭selectamatic

The Bataclan attackers and Russian concert attackers were armed to the teeth with high powered weaponry. Much easier kill all around you when that's the case.

I feel the notoriety of attacking a Taylor swift concert coupled with the fact that it'll be a less physically challenging crowd to go on a stabbing spree against leads to these sort of concerts or random busy tourist orientated public spaces, Christmas markets etc. being prime targets for terrorists armed with melee style easily available weapons.

For example it's very unlikely you'll see a lone wolf style terrorist stabbing spree event at something like the old firm derby even though it's almost an eye roll inducing cliché to say that as it almost elevates/validates the hard man hooligan image but tbf there's a basic physical truth to such a statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭susan678

You don't understand Islam it can never be reformed the Quran cannot be changed for Muslims it is the word and command of GOD himself.

Islam literally translates to submission.

How many terror attacks in Europe has this mythical far right carried out?

Also interested is this newish word Islamists there is no such thing.

Muslims planning terror attack at Taylor Swift Concert force cancellation would be the correct title of the thread.

We have two boys and we will not be having them though hate nor will we lie to them.
    The boys have never asked a question about this subject and we have never spoken to them about it.

They are not old enough yet to attend big events on their own but knowing what we know we would not want them to.

Post edited by susan678 on

• Advertisement

Have you a reference to your Danish paper, or is it just a link to a graphic on Twitter?

From what I can make of your post it seems you've selected one of the studies they examined. I've acknowledged earlier that the findings showed 'some studies indicated an over representation of Black and Asian offenders' but we're agreed that the overall findings show 'it is likely that no one community or culture is uniquely predisposed to offending'.

Being very selective about choosing crime reports and pretending they represent a wider reality is something I see often over in the immigration thread, this is just another clear example of that pattern.

As for the limited research on offender data, and qualifications on poor quality data, I only excluded this for brevity. Given what I know about studies of criminality, race or ethnicity is rarely, if ever, identified as an actual causal factor, poor quality data in this case doesn't take from that.

Advertisement