Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Golf Wet Gear

• 08-08-2024 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

I was out yesterday and found out that my current clothes for golfing in rain is in no way shape of form, waterproof.

So I'm on the lookout for some quality wet gear. Ideally trousers and jacket.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭Russman

The "best" is probably Galvin Green, but its very pricey. Lasts forever though if well cared for. You can often find previous year stuff on clearance/special on the likes of Function18 and others.

After that, its the usual suspects, Sunderland, Proquip, Footjoy etc. all very good. IMO its worth paying a little more for Goretex if you can. I've a pair of Sunice Goretex trousers that have lasted quite a few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭bakerbhoy

Depends if you want it for summer or winter.

Mostly a waste during summer months with raised temps.

Pair of shorts, light marino wool top. Brolly for the bag / brolly for the player. You will come in none the worst. and you won't be melted..

Even the best gortex brands give out.. CG pants replaced 3 times in 18 months by one of my playing partners.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

For trousers you can't go wrong with these and a great price. water falls off them!

I prefer them to my Galvin Green!

https://www.craghoppers.com/ie/stefan-ii-waterproof-trousers-black-1/

Advertisement