Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Combine terrestrial and satellite aerials?

• 08-08-2024 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Anytime I buy a new tv I always look for one with two aerial tuners (terrestrial and satellite) as we don’t use a saorview/freeview box. We have an aerial in the attic for local stations and dish on the roof for uk channels. The reason I use this is I’m sick of working with multiple remotes. At least with a tv with two sockets I can plug the aerials straight in and use the one tv remote. The downside of this is to go from rte to bbc is very roundabout.

However one issue is that the number of tvs with two sockets is quite restricted. Is there anyway of combining both signals so I can buy a TV with one socket or should I look into a combo box? Appreciate any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

No, you need a TV with a satellite and terrestrial tuner, each will have its own connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,586 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Vestel TVs, such as Walker, Toshiba, Nordmende etc combine all the channels into a single list so there no switching between tuners.

They still require two connections as satellite and terrestrial use different transmission standards.

A combi box also requires two connections.

Advertisement