Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ewtn

• 08-08-2024 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I havnt been able to find ewtn on my satillite recivier i went onto king of sat and put in the frequncy and symbol rate but nothing comes up.the frequency dosent come up when i scan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭egal

Have you tried

11264V, DVB S, 27500, 2/3

• Registered Users Posts: 16 lifefitness

Yes That frequncy is not coming up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Its possibly a new transponder and your box does not know it and providers might need to be updated.

https://en.kingofsat.net/find.php?question=ewtn

When i go onto king of sat it gives me the frequncy 11264v and symbol 27500.when i scan that it dosent come up the nearest i can find is 11261v and symbol 27500.how do i update providers.i tried to add frequncy 11264 as a new transponder but i cant find it anywhere

Post edited by lifefitness on

When i go onto king of sat it gives me the frequncy 11264v and symbol 27500.when i scan that it dosent come up the nearest i can find is 11261v and symbol 27500.how do i update providers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭swoofer

It does not give 11264 and unless you give a bit more information its not possible to help you. You don't say make and model of the sat reciever, you dont say if it is an enigma2 box and if so what image you are using. You dont say dish size.You dont what sat? you dont say how you are seeing 11264 when the actual entry on astra 28e is:

28.2°E

2Astra 2G

V

Europe

DVB-S

QPSK

27500 2/3

You have just joined on here which is odd but here is a pic of the signal strength of that channel on astra 28 east and using VU+ UNO enigma2 receiver.

And a pic of the channel open

If you give more and better information you may get sorted but reading 11264 for 11265 has me …. a bit wary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭Antenna

"if you give more and better information you may get sorted but reading 11264 for 11265 has me …. a bit wary"

Astra 2E/2F/2G at 28.3°E - LyngSat

Lyngsat.com says it is on 11264 V, whilst KingofSat lists 11265 V. Either should work… The difference is too small, (consumer LNBs could be more off-frequency than 1MHz). Receivers may autocorrect the exact frequency if needs be (a slightly different frequency for the transponder may display after a scan, depending on receiver)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

That 11261V is close enough also.

but OP said "

When i go onto king of sat it gives me the frequncy 11264v"

And you are correct I checked that 11261v and that channel pops up.

I think we have a mis communication somewhere is it from another country.

This bit was what caught my eye "

the frequency dosent come up when i scan

My recivier is amiko 3 box and im in ireland

Maybe i will try 11261

• Advertisement

My recivier is amiko 3 box and im in ireland

Maybe i will try 11261

Wonder does this box do a TP scan?

https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=amiko+3+box+scanning+a+new+TP&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:1fdfdb81,vid:4vuEEeqns7c,st:0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,420 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

As has been stated 11261 is close enough. The OP doesn't say if they had EWTN before and it disappeared, or this is the first time they tried to get it. It is not a strong signal on my set up, way below what I get on strong ones like the BBC's.

Some set ups are not capable of getting all the transponders on the Europe beam on 28 East. See the Rewind TV thread as an example.

The only amiko 3 I can find is this one

https://irwins.ie/product/amiko-mini-combo-3-reciever/

But you need to check the dish alignment as it has to be spot on for that box as you need a good signal. I use a 68cm dish and good receivers. I get a strong signal as you can see from above pics. See if you can get CNN and if not then dish has moved.

It does do a tp scan maybe i will try a tp scan on 11261 and see if it will come up

Thats the box i have. i didnt install it myself it was installed by a satillite installer.i can get cnn.i will try and scan it again on 11261.aldo thats not the frequency king of sat gave or lyng sat

You need to scan on the current transponder info on Kingofsats listed

I did do that all ready but nothing showed up.maybe i will try scan it on 11261 and see if it will come up on that transformer

Does your box show a signal level on 28.2 sat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Looking for advice please, long time Sky customer….20 years plus and am now at the point that I cannot afford their prices. I have most channels they offer, sports, movies etc. I have two sky boxes, one a throwback to when the kids were here. I run a "magic eye" from each to feed a kitchen and bedroom tv. I like to record/series link programmes. I would be gutted to lose the sports but not bothered about the movie channels. Is there a box that will look after the recording bit and that I can simply connect the existing cables from the dish to or am I trying to simplify things too much?

• Advertisement

glen you have hijacked this thread, post your question as a separate thread and you will get laods of answers. but ring sky and haggle first.

at lifefitness if only you had said all those bits in first thread. here is a u tube vid that shows how to tune in a single channel, watch carefully and when you do as instructed you should get signal but if not then its dish etc. You will be surprised!!

when you see a frequency like 11265, there is in fact a range so it may actually mean 11260-11265. I hope you are successful🤞 just go slow, you might get ads just wait. let us know how you get on.

Amiko Mini HD SE - Manually Tune in Satellite Channel - YouTube

S 99% the yellow line

Q between 96 and 100% on the green line

I sorted it out you were correct it came up on 11260 i scanned it in

I sorted it out it came up on 11260 i scanned it in its now working

Thanks i sorted it out it came up on 11260 i scanned it in

Someone told me to try 11260 and it came in on that frequency thanks for your help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

My most sincere apologies, I wasnt aware that I hadnt posted in the "main" thread

Ewtn It worked. i scanned it in it came up on 11260

Yes you said on your previous 5 posts

• Advertisement
Advertisement