Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pimp my Honda

• 09-08-2024 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I have a Honda Accord, 15 years old, but low mileage. I'd really like to make it look cool, but no idea where to start. I've had the car for a long time, but I'm not a car enthusiast really, so no idea where to begin with tinting, paint jobs, customisations.

Are there businesses out there that will take a car in and do all the work for me??? I'm in Galway.

Or is there someone out there who would advise me on what needs to be done?

Just have a photo here of what one guy did with his….…..

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭shane b

You could try looking a type S bodykit, but buying fitting and spraying it could be costly. Cheaper options could be a boot spoiler, tinted windows and refurb the alloys if there a bit kerbed. For the interior you could try some scrapyards for half leather seats. The full leather seats seem to the electric so wiring may not be worth it.

Do you have a budget in mind?

See ad on donedeal of an Accord S-type to get a few ideas

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-accord-typesprice-drop/37092715

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Tradbanjo

thanks Shane

I'm willing to throw a fair budget at it, but no idea how much all this stuff costs. Already have the half-leather seats, (mine is a 2.2iDtec model). Would 5-10k bring me a long way or am I way off? No idea, obviously I'll shop around for value for money.

Any ideas on where to start looking around Galway or I could drive somewhere and leave the car with someone for a while?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,026 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Be aware that modifications will make getting insurance difficult and for a non enthusiast I have to ask why?

For the money needed to get close to the car in the OP you would be able to get a much nicer motor by trading in your own car and adding the money you planned to spend on the modifications.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,441 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Just don't, save up for a type r if you want one. Don't put wheels that don't fit, bean can exhausts etc etc.

It just looks like you can't afford the real thing.

I know people that can't drive straight across a speed ramp I laugh every time I see it. It doesn't look cool believe me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Tradbanjo

appreciate the comments…..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,280 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I'm not sure if it's worth spending €10k on pimping out a 15 year old diesel Accord but you'd certainly get far with that budget. I was looking at a few bits for my own car and was surprised at how pricey things can be.

Lowering springs for my Cupra are €650 fitted, an affordable option to make a car handle a bit nicer and give it a sportier looks with a mild drop.

Wheels from proper brands can be expensive, a nice set of OZ Racing wheels for my car is around €2,000 plus fitting costs. You could look for a secondhand of Accord wheels from newer generations or the Type R.

You might want to look into a modern head unit from Sony or Pioneer for Android Auto/Apple CarPlay support. That would be my number one must have in a car. A decent tint and maybe a full exterior and interior detail would make the car look new again.

Post edited by DaveyDave on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭shane b

As the owner of a 15 year old diesel car myself, some good suggestions there by DaveyDave.

Last year I polished my car over the course of a week (my arms ached for ages)and fitted a set of OEM alloys from the next generation shape and it freshened the car up. My old alloys were well kerbed and needed tyres so I picked up a second hand set for 400 with good tyres.

There are other things I'd like to do but it's hard to justify the cost on a 15 year car with 300k km on it. Eg the lumber support adjustment on my drivers seat doesn't work. Got a quote last week to repair and as the seat is full leather it's close to 1000 euro.

Post edited by shane b on

Advertisement