Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So I am trying to get a loan with my local Credit Union

• 09-08-2024 2:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,442 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

I got a small loan first off then and have fully paid it back but want to get a bigger loan now. So I rang them back today asking what the state of it was yet and they asked for 3 months Revolut statement.

Can they ask for this? I have nothing to hide just thought it was strange. Thats all.

They never asked for that the last time I applied for a big loan.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭AnRothar

Please note that as standard, your application must be submitted with 2 recent pay-slips and a three month bank statement and any other relevant documentation in support of your application i.e. Invoice, bills, quotations.

The above is from my cu.

Revolut is a bank too hence the requirements for statements

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Asking for copy bank statements is a basic underwriting requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭JimmyChew

As Revolut offer loans also they want to take a look. Screen shouts should do them. Try get a phone number or email address of the loan officer. it makes life much easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,455 ✭✭✭Shoog

What credit unions want to see is years of consistent saving and paying back loans. Having had one small loan that you paid back is not adequate proof of consistent saving behaviour - so they want something more to support your application.

We have never been asked for any supporting documents because we have had a CU account for 25 years with multiple loans and never a missed payment.

They don't really care if you miss a few payments just so long as you can show it's not the norm - and this is where a long history comes in.

Advertisement