Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CGT Allowances on disposal of property

• 09-08-2024 2:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hi All,

Quick question.

My wife has a property in her own name and is selling it. Question is, now that we are married and jointly assessed for tax purposes will be be able to claim the €1270 CGT relief for each of us (total of €2540) or just her since my name is not on the property. Can't seem to find a clear answer anywhere.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Unless it's jointly owned, it's not a joint disposal and there is no entitlement to your annual exemption. The annual exemption cannot be transferred between spouses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭Posh Boy

That's what I was thinking alright. When we bought it we just put her name on it because of the first time buyers grant (wanted to save mine). Never got around to putting my name on the deeds. Ah well, that's another 400 odd quid to revenue ………..

Advertisement