Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How can I tell if I have Virgin 'Fibre'

• 09-08-2024 5:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,264 ✭✭✭

So the house currently is on Virgin 500mb broadband. It's called Fibre but the connection to the modem is a copper coaxial. We've no fibre cable running into the house.

We're looking at moving to Vodafone and the shop sales guy is adamant that we won't need an engineer or a hole to be drilled as he can see we are on Virgin Fibre apparently. But the vodafone website mentions that they will have to send an engineer and drill a hole to run a cable in etc. - a big no no for the house owner, so out of the question.

So I'm unsure myself - is the sales guy right or mistaken? Can vodafone just use the existing setup with the coaxial coming into the house? It's ok if they need to sort the box outside the house but the house owner won't let anyone drill, there's no getting around that.

Just confused as to what my options are.

Comments

Advertisement