Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loud Noise coming when flushing toilet

• 09-08-2024 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I seem to have a problem.

Whenever I flush my toilet, a loud noise comes. It goes off after sometime. It is very loud.

Here is a video of the noise

Link -

https://youtube.com/shorts/cWqOZuNDLV0?feature=shared

1. What could be the cause
    2. What is the solution to fix this issue

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

Hard to say from the video.

Is it a new issue?

Best guess would be a resonance issue arising within the float valve. A new float valve assembly should hopefully resolve it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,518 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Could it be a macerator motor by any chance? I could be way off here…

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Username202401

Thanks for all the advice.

I noticed that the noise disappears after few seconds when I open the cold water tap of the sink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

The float valve in my toilet wad the cause of a loud noise whenever it was flushed, and running the tap was a handy way of making it stop.

Easy and cheap fix, so worth doing that first.

Advertisement