Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Visa documents submitted to wrong office

• 11-08-2024 7:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

hi all,

I made a blunder with my daughter’s visa application by submitting her join family visa application online and posting supporting documentation, including her passport and the grant letter to the department of justice, instead of her local Irish embassy abroad.

And now, I sent several messages to the department to return the documents so as to enable me forward them to the right office but no response so far.

Can anyone advise me as to what to do next?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭JVince

Have you sent several messages in the last 5 hours, the last 5 days or the last 5 weeks.

And where did the messages go?

And assuming email, can you be sure they were delivered and not going into spam

Difficult for anyone to advise with the little information provided

• Registered Users Posts: 32 bambay

I did apply for join family visa for my daughter on Avats and instead of sending supporting documents to Irish Embassy abroad, I posted them to the department of justice and now I want them back to forward them to the embassy abroad but I’m getting no response from Justice department, where I mistakenly sent them to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

When did you send them?

And where?

The Dept of Justice is a big place.

hi, It was sent to :

Department of justice

13-14 Burgh Quay, Dublin 2, D02 X70

You will have to call and speak to them in person tomorrow.

(01) 6167700

• Advertisement

hi,

I’ll do just that. Is that the number for department of justice?

It's the number for the Burgh Quay office.

I hope I can get through to them this morning.

thanks for your assistance.

hi, I got through but they gave me another number to call and an email address. I called the number, they too gave me the previous number I called. I then sent a message to the email and I got a reply that an AVATs officer would get back to me.

My question now is, if the passport and the grant letter from justice are lost, can I get a replacement letter from the department of justice?

I’m confused.

Thanks.

Advertisement