Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone 2gb Gigabox+ Issues

• 11-08-2024 6:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25

Hi there, I've had nothing but issues with my Vodafone 2gb fiber plan. They sent out their latest Gigabox+ (emphasis on the +) and said you need to use the SFP+ adpater to get anything above 1gb. However when I installed the SFP+ I couldn't get the Internet to link no matter what. So currently I'm left stuck with 1gb max not even using half of the speeds I pay for.

I also have a double NAT with the Unifi Dream Machine Pro (UDMP) since there is no Bridge mode on this Gigabox+ router. Does anyone have any experience with this at all? Ideally I'd love to get rid of Double NAT either through removing Gigabox+ altogether or putting it into bridge mode. I do have a static IP address from Vodafone which is crucial to be kept, does this require the use of their router?

Thanks for any and all help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Read through, someone there had to fight their way to get 2Gb enabled on VF side, perhaps apply to you too.
    https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058246538/vodafone-offering-2000mbps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25 ben_mce

Thank you very much for linking that thread. I read through it all there and that has helped at least to see how others got through their issues. Only thing that doesn't add up is their SFP+ module. I used the official Vodafone one but still couldn't get a link to negotiate. If I know the static IP will still be carried across to my own UDMP then I will ideally just remove Gigabox+ from the equation altogether. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

I do not owe any of gear you have, have no VF at all.
    Hopefully ppl on other thread will respond with their experience and suggestions.
    Boards search is "broken/useless", but nothing prevent you to google it with boards included - some thing might come up
    try some like this :

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=VF+fibre+on+UDMP+boards

Great suggestion. Thanks for the input

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭KildareP

So long as you don't subscribe to their phone or TV service, then:

(1) tag VLAN10 on the WAN port of your UDMP

(2) set the WAN connection on the UDMP to PPPoE

(3) Username is <serial-number-of-gigabox>@vfieftth.ie

(4) Password is broadband

(5) Connect the UDMP WAN directly into the ONT

you should be all set.

• Advertisement

I'm not subscribed to phone or TV but I do have a static IP. Will this still carry across? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭KildareP

It will indeed

Advertisement