Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulating under floors

• 11-08-2024 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I'm sure this is stupid to ask but is there any way of insulating under floors without fully taking them up? We have solid wood floors in a house we've bought, we were thinking of taking them up to do some plumbing work but now thats not going ahead. I I was keen to insulate under them while they were up as I've heard you lose a lot of draft through the big gap below them. Is there any 'keyhole' way of adding insulation under them without pulling them up as I would like to avoid having to replace them, they're in good condition. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

No, there is no way to insulate underneath without lifting the floor.

However, If the issue is draughts then you can very effectively air tighten a timber floor without lifting the floor. You mention 'solid wood floors' so if it is a sealed solid wood floor then you can make a significant improvement here without much disruption or expense.

Advertisement