Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any point in buying an Android tablet these days?

• 12-08-2024 9:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭

I currently have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S which is rarely used (Netflix while travelling, streaming some video, some digital magazines). It is on its last legs and too slow to use so I want to replace it.

Ideally I'd like a larger screen, and a keyboard with ability to do outlook, word or ppt to avoid needing to take a laptop on some trips.

Is there any point in sticking with Android for a tablet or should I just switch to an iPad? E.g. the iPad Air 13" looks a good size and much more functional. Are there any cheaper Android tablet alternatives to consider, given how little use it gets

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭54and56

Have you considered Chromebooks? I ditched Android tablets for Chromebooks as my use case is a mix of work and personal browsing / Netflix etc. As my work email and files are all MS 365 Chromebooks allow seamless login and catch up. Great for some light / casual work on the move.

I have a LENOVO IdeaPad Duet 3 10.95" 2 in 1 Chromebook which I love and for €350 it really offers great value.

The newer Chromebook Plus devices are a big step up in performance. Something like the ACER 514 14" Chromebook Plus for €419 in Curry's would be my choice now if I was replacing the Lenovo.

Advertisement