Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ordering a new Sheep Dispatch Document book.

• 12-08-2024 10:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭

Hi all…..

I give an elderly neighbour a hand to dose his sheep etc during the year,for less work he has bought ewe lambs and sold Hoggetts the last few years.

Was doing stuff with him at the weekend and he said he thought his last Dispatch book was nearly full.

We looked it up and it only has 2 sets of pages left in it…….he was hoping to show some Hoggetts next week in Mart.

It says in Dispatch book that when ordering a new one you should allow a month for it to be printed and sent out.

In peoples experience is that just a kind of warning shot from Dept or is the turnaround time on getting new dispatch books actually quicker?

Well over a year since I ordered one so can’t recall how long it takes.

Really appreciate any feedback on this as the man would be a worrier so if I could give him a rough timescale on how long it takes it might ease his mind.

PS- I know in the past if you were selling stock and forgot to bring your personalised dispatch book to the mart you could just get a blank template one in Mart Office to physically write in your sheep’s details etc ……..is this still allowed I wonder?……(as this could be a fallback option for that man if selling sheep next week)

Thanks again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Really appreciate a quick reply re above …….thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Cran

tends to be quicker, but if you call them they will send out emergency dockets you can use or atleast they used too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Ok good to know regarding them issuing emergency dockets.

Thanks for replying.

Advertisement