Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chargeback for damaged product ( but now gone over 120 days)

• 12-08-2024 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi guys

Looking for advise on this one.

I bought a coffee table from a furniture store and paid by card.

Delivery took over 5 weeks and it arrived damaged. The furniture shop agreed to replace it.

Long story short, the shop has now gone into liquidation while we were waiting for the replacement to arrive. ( We were chasing them for the replacement table for months with the usual replies , its on order, we will ring you back etc. )

I contacted my bank for a refund / chargeback on the card for the purchase. However, the bank are stating said the as the transaction was over 120 days I can’t get refund ( I do understand there is a time limit ) . My argument is that the product was faulty upon receipt and shop agreed to replace it and gone into liquidation. I gave the bank copies of emails / correspondence where the stores said they would replace it within the 120 days.

It can’t be replaced or repaired now so a refund was my only option.

Any ideas / another direction or am I at a loss now?

Bensimp

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

You're an unsecured creditor of the company and the liquidator will refund you with any money left over when the secured creditors are paid. You are getting nothing.

You either have to pay to get it fixed yourself or dump it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭JVince

As above - no com back in this situation. Store obviously was in difficulty and most likely suppliers had stopped sending goods in.

It is extremely rare for any funds to be left for unsecured creditors in a creditors liquidation, so probably best to just accept the loss.

Advertisement