Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Window and Door Seals

• 12-08-2024 2:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭

The rubber seals around my apartment windows and doors have worn out, letting in wind and noise.

Is this easy to DIY?

I have used some regular strip insulation but doesn't seem to be doing a good job.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭rodmn2377

i replaced this on my windows and doors… was happy enough with them in the finish… if you know the make of door(mine was a munster joiney) i was then able to buy the replacement seal for the door… i bought the seals from a company i think called silvers they were based in sligo… had a easy to navigate website that i could choose the different seals required.. wasnt a hard job to do…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I was coming in to make this thread, are there companies that will come into your house and do all your windows for you or is it more a DIY thing? What am I looking for here exactly? Anything I Google seems to be more about replacing whole panes that have lost their internal seal.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭A Law

Is this what you're after? Pictures down the bottom show you where it's fitted.

https://www.screwfix.ie/p/stormguard-upvc-door-window-seal-black-20m/89084

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭wandererz

Thanks!

I will investigate this and give it a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭phormium

I got a local window company out and they checked all seals and locks and replaced any that needed it. I'd say ask around if you have any similar companies that provide windows, many service them too. It was inexpensive enough job and I diy lots of things but wasn't going to mess with the window seals, might have given the locks a go alright in hindsight but only a few of them needed repair.

• Advertisement
Advertisement