Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wedding Charge

• 12-08-2024 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all, am completely reeling following a conversation just held with a hotel in Co. Leitrim.

I am having a v small (7 guests) wedding, and wanted to stay and dine somewhere nice with my guests. When booking the rooms etc, I mentioned that I was getting married on that day and was immediately transferred. It seems that if I wear a wedding dress, to go to dinner or walk around the hotel, there is a €2000 charge.

I immediately clarified that I would not be in a full wedding dress, but would likely be wearing white. The charge remained.

I am hoping to get some insight into if this is a normal charge for a hotel? Or is it only 'castles' that charge this?? My wedding is happening really soon and I am late arranging it, but I never considered this would be an unforeseen cost.

Any knowledge or information would be really welcome!

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭downtheroad

I booked a musician for my wedding, never said the W word, and agreed a price. When he found out it was a wedding he told me he usually charges double.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭JVince

You want to use their premises and presumably gardens and fabulous setting and expect no fee to be charged or maybe you think that because you are paying for 7 dinners you can disrupt the hotel for your photos.

Imagine if there was another bride that booked the function room and she finds some interloper using the facility free.

Fair play to the hotel for charging such a fee to stop people doing this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Kurooi

They guarantee to any wedding party that there aren't any other weddings taking place that day. Taking you on is foregoing any potential, larger, business they could have booked instead.

Bridezilla would flip and burn the place down if she saw a prettier lady wearing white and all that. Honestly you could have not mentioned the wedding. Actually have your partner call up in a week and just book a table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

I've never heard of a wedding charge in hotels. As above bands and cars etc will put a wedding tax on it. If it's only 7 people and a hotel wants to charge 2k I'd politely and maybe not so politely tell them I won't be needing they're services and find another venue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

As someone else said its about 1 wedding a day thing the some hotels guarantee

Was in a hotel last year and there was a wedding on. Got chatting to the receptionist who told me that they had a wedding the week previously and a group booked into the restaurant. Unbeknownst to them the restaurant group was a wedding in full wedding attire. The 'official bride went mental. Their guarantee is 1 wedding only.

You would be better off booking a nice restaurant imo unless you particularly want the grounds etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,619 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I note that you never mentioned photo ops.even though others have suggested that you are looking for them.

The truth is that Leitrim has such lovely scenery that you don't need any hotel garden. Pick a nice spot click and job done.

After that just book into a nice restaurant in Carrick and have a great time.

Plenty of accomodation options

Advertisement