Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car history check doesn't match my odometer

• 12-08-2024 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi, I am currently trying to sell my car. The car was imported 12/8/2019 with 116,114km. At the time of register with revenue on  16/12/2019 it had 121,159km (which is correct), I purchased the car January 2020 with same milage.I bought a history check before I purchased & everything was correct.

I have now realised that my own history check from revenue (irish government site) is incorrect that I have received recently & It seems that the 121,159km was likely entered as 121,159miles and therefore the odometer reading is incorrect. 205,000km on it now as I have the car 4 1/2 years.

Can anyone tell me who can rectify this error as it is preventing the sale of my car. Please find attached odometer readings

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

That attachment is like an eye test.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

A single blip like that that can be easily explained as km/miles issue; and which when removed does not alter the change in odometer readings over time, is not going to stop you selling a car. Everyone can see its an error.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Chopper2

Here you go, no need to go to specsavers 👍

Very true but I had a guy who works in a VW dealership who was interested but then checked the history on his phone while he was there & that was that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I wouldn't be selling what I assume is a 8+ year old car to a dealer.

• Advertisement

Im selling it privately.

The guy that came to view it just happened to work for a dealer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

If you want it changed, then Revenue themselves must be your only bet. Any purchaser who can't see the error does not understand reality. If the history from Revenue were accurate, the car would have had to have covered 78,000km in less than 4 months... technically possible in the laws of time but not even a full time continental lorry driver could manage that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭goochy

Who wants a car with a mileage discrepancy of course people are going to put off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭JVince

Ask him a simple question

Who would do 50,000 miles in 4 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,826 ✭✭✭User1998

Explain the situation to the history check company and tell them to remove the incorrect mileage entry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭9935452

I dont think revenue would touch that after 5 years. They cant verify anything.

It is easy to explain . But for some people , they don't want the hassle . Any issues and just walk away. Plenty of other cars out there

Advertisement