Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract Question

• 12-08-2024 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭

Hi there

I have a contract with Virgin Media and it expires in 2/3 months. My bill has gone up as I was discounted for the first 9 months. I was told I can't sign up to another contract now and have to wait until 11 months are up. Is this correct or is there anything I can do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭FrankN1

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭JVince

I assume you got terms and conditions when you signed up.

You then signed / verbally projected that you agreed with them. You also would have had a 14 day cooling off period that gives plenty of time to read the terms and conditions.

Your answer will be there in black and white and assuming you signed up for a 12 months contract, then you agreed to adhere to the terms and conditions for the 12 months of the contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭KildareP

Nothing you can do that won't involve buying out the remaining months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭RobiePAX

I'm not familiar with 9 month discounts. It's usually for 6, 12, 24 months. So it sounds wrong.

Check your Virgin Media welcome email from 2023. Did it really say your contract is for 12 months but discount is only for 9 months?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

You will probably just need to wait till your in the final month of the contract to negotiate a better deal

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

VM regularly give 9 mth discounts. At the beginning of the 12th month contact them and say you are giving your months notice to cancel and see what they will offer you.

Usually any reduction will begin immediately.

Advertisement