Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mallow, where are all the buses?

• 12-08-2024 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,
    I'm trying to find the best way to get from Cork City to Quartertown Industrial Estate in Mallow. From what I can see, the estate is about a 40-50 minute walk from both the train station and the bus stop at Town Park. The distance from the bus stop to the estate is around 3 km, but it still shows as a 40+ minute walk.

I've also noticed that there seems to be a surprising lack of bus stops within Mallow itself, especially for a town of its size. Am I overlooking something, or is there really such limited public transport within the town?

Any suggestions or insights would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭Geog1234

Bus Éireann route 243 seems to be the nearest service. It's not very frequent but it should be able to drop you at Mallow Business Park which is much closer.

Traditionally Bus Éireann local routes have stopped along the road wherever it's safe to do so and this explains the lack of marked or official stops in the suburbs of many provincial towns.

The National Transport Authority conducted a review and public consultation of the 243 route some months ago. It can't do any harm to drop them an e-mail asking if consideration can be given to a stop in or near the industrial estate. Similarly there are a few Local Link routes serving Mallow and you could drop them a line too to see if they could amend a route to link Mallow town/station with the industrial estate.

If the 243 timetable suits perhaps make a dummy run.

All the best with the commute.

The e-mail addresses:

info@nationaltransport.ie

info@locallinkcork.ie

PS: apologies for duplicate post - seems to be a glitch in the system - when I tried to remove one it removed both…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,518 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

bring a bike with you on the train, less than 10 mins cycle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Tapotapo

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your help!

Advertisement