Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games you know from just a quote.

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,620 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Do people want hints for the last 10?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Niska

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,018 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Think you're going to have to. Some of the remaining quotes feel nearly too generic that they're too hard to place ("I can't take this…")

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,620 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

1. Back in your hole!"
    2. "I wanna take you for a ride!"
    3. "Complete global saturation!"
    4. "I'm gonna kill praxis!"
    5. "Clyde Radcliffe Exterminates All The Unfriendly Repulsive Earth-ridden Slime"
    6. "I am error."
    7. "Welcome to DIE!"
    8. "I can't take this…"
    9. "Love is easy by the light of day. You get the boys to play away. Thoughts are down when darkness falls. Passion burns and danger calls."
    10. "Now it's Reyn time!"

Here are the clues.

1. This is a Microsoft IP

2. These are song lyrics from a cross over

3. A quote from a famous horror villain

4. This is from a big PlayStation IP we haven't seen in a long time

5. One of the tougher ones but I'll say it's from a late Commodore 64 game and that the quote pretty much gives it away if you know the secret to it.

6. This is a famous quote from a very famous Nintendo IP.

7. This is from an arcade game with two screens and supported 6 players.

8. You might find this on the ground from players having a hard time

9. Song lyrics from a game that was involved in a massive controversy that lead to videogames having age ratings.

10. This is from a very popular RPG series that started on Wii and has had games on every Nintendo consoles since. It's also represented in smash. If you played the game this will be burned into you head. If you haven't then you owe it to yourself to play it.

I hope you are kicking yourselves you didn't get some of these.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,018 ✭✭✭✭Penn

• 1. Gears of War

8. Dark Souls

9. Night Trap

1 & 9 are guesses but I'd be pretty confident. 8 I get now. Don't think I'm going to get any of the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭McFly85

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,189 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

5. Guessing from the capitalisation, it's called Creatures.

10. Xenoblade

• Advertisement

1. "I wanna take you for a ride!"
    2. "Complete global saturation!"
    3. "I'm gonna kill praxis!"
    4. "Welcome to DIE!"

Four left.

Ok more clues

1. Song lyrics from a cross over fighting game.

2. Said by a horror villain in a massive horror franchise that's already been on this list.

3. From a big Sony IP that started and ended on PS2 after a few games.

4. Six player arcade game with a comic book license.

Right you's have given up. Last four answers:

1. Marvel vs. Capcom 2

2. Resident Evil 5

3. Jak 2

4. X-Men (Konami arcade).

Advertisement