Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 16 (Plus, Pro Max and Pro)

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Why are you people storing data on their phone with cheap iCloud backups possible? Never understand this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

General consensus of most users and reviwers is that's it's not that big a jump.

Each to their own and what they do with their money but I generally find to year the minimum period for upgrading and generally do so every 3-4. Then you notice a jump.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

To be fair i've got the flagship, every year, since the original iphone(i got the first one from a friend in the states, and then the 3g was the first one availabe from o2 back in the day) and i have noticed a difference, year on year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

I watched a photo compare between 15 and 16 pro max. The 15 pro max was much better. 16 over saturated a lot of things. The basic 13 was better 80% of the time than the 16 regarding pictures. From what I’ve seen it doesn’t seem that great

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Having played with the Pro camera now for a few days it's definitely a step ahead of many other flagship phones given how much control it gives the user with controlling tone etc with pics. Photos can now look like real photos again.

Of course it wouldn't be Apple if there wasn't a catch - you can only do it with pics taken in the Apple format, not jpg.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I think this is just down to Apple's whacky post-processing it does on photos which can be pretty awful sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Yeah, it looks as though the default processing is over-saturated and over-sharpened (as is common on many devices), but if you're willing to delve into the settings, there's scope for considerable improvement and excellent results. I'm not sure if it's true, but I've read that you can't preset your own preferences for these settings, so you have to manually adjust them each time.

The question is, new Camera Control button notwithstanding, are people willing to go to the trouble to manually adjust settings for phone photos? I've been into photography for decades, and I've multiple mirrorless cameras that I always shoot on manual - and having dedicated buttons and multiple dials is extremely important to me in choosing a camera. But 99% of the time with my phone, I just want to click. I don't ever use the ProRaw format, just HEIF. I sometimes do a bit of post processing of my phone photos in the Photos app maybe just to adjust shadows or highlights, but I never bring them into Lightroom on my Mac, whereas I spend as much time in there with my "serious" mirrorless camera photos (which are always in Raw) as I do shooing.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I think 99% of people never do anything other than take the default of what Apple gives you, or they just do something really basic like apply one of the preset filters.

Usually only people who have an eye for photography will notice when the Apple processing gives you something that isn't great.

The sites that review iPhone cameras are obviously aimed at people who understand cameras so they always pick up when the default processing is bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

its a DLC coating which is durable but not completely scratch proof, black ceramic would have been better.

Advertisement