Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which (Einhell) Batteries, Please?

• 13-08-2024 3:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭

Einhell. K? It'll keep it So much simpler 😉 Thanks!

So; I'm getting their 36v " Cordless Scythe " / Brush Cutter, primarily. That eats Two of their 18v batt's. K? Couple of 4a get me an hour. 5's get me another fifteen minutes. Hold that …..

I also have my eye on their 10L hoover. (4 = 21 minutes. 5 = 26) and their weed sprayer (Five and seven Hours!!!)

I'm looking at that ^, lads. Having a bit of a word with myself, now. Do I Need a (pair of) 5's? Or, Is this really, purely dick swinging? Do I Really still harbour a sore spot for the time my neighbour bought the same, Hitachi, cordless driver as me. But, the bugger got a slightly bigger amperage one! 🤨

Dunno. Anyone? I mean; Cost vs. Extra time? €175.00 vs. €92.00?

Speak to me, please, guys! Tell me things! I vaant to spend my monee! 😁

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

At that price ratio you could nearly buy another set of 4 Amp batteries.

5 are better and provide more torque plenty of youtube videos showing the difference but its not that much and not worth that difference.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭Stigura

@The Continental Op ~ Until I ever suss how to quote bits:

" plenty of youtube videos ….. not worth that difference. "

The Chube, eh? Yeah. Believe me, I've done my time on there, too. Making sure the thing could do what I needed. That was last night.

Never thought to look for battery comparisons, on there. But, You've had a look, eh? And, ye reckon the maths don't add up? Cool. Thanks.

I think we might also throw into all this, the fact that All their gear seems to come only with a 2 or 3 year warranty? Like, that's it. Doesn't matter how much ye Pay for the very latest, very strongest, 'most longest lasting' stuff ….. Two years.

Hmm. Yeah. Naah. I'm pretty well sold on it, now. And, the 4's ~ with the researching I've been doing, even between our posts, here ~ are looking a lot like the default option 🙂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭whizbang

If you like to run your batteries to nothing, then they will both last the same lifetime..

If theres a really 1 in a million coincidental timing thing where you run out the 4Ah but wouldnt with the 5Ah, then the 5's will last a lot longer.

Otherwise its cost per Ah.. and the 5's dont add up for me.

Anyone recognise a Screwfix mail? 😁

Charger I'm getting for them? X Boost, 6 Amp. Exactly the same price, Fix, or Major Tom. Cunningly, I've gone with Tom; Because, if anything goes tits up? I find resolution, probably, easier there. I mean, 24/7, type to someone.

Wish they did one of these, with Two ports, of course. But, there we go.

Got to buy the 'Scythe' next. Just need to nail down one, simple question about it, with Tom's people.

Then, we wait! 😎

I'd already committed too, when I realised I had a healthy chunk of the cost, sat in my account! Bow Nuss!!! 😁

There we are so; I'm an Einhellian, gentlemen! Feel free to pm me details of our dodgy handshake and other matters of membership 😄

• Advertisement
Advertisement