Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Fibre Installation: Single Mode or Multi Mode Cable for In-Home Setup?”

• 13-08-2024 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I’m looking for some advice on Virgin Media’s fibre installations. I live in an estate that’s already fibre-enabled, and I’m considering running my own fibre cable inside my semi-detached house from the existing ducting they use to come into the side of the house. Specifically, I want to route the cable to the living room where my current Virgin Media coaxial box is located. Unfortunately, the installers won’t run the cable internally and would instead run it across the front of the house, which I think would look awful.

Does anyone know what type of fibre cable Virgin Media typically uses when connecting to a house? Is it single mode or multi mode? I want to make sure I use the correct type for my internal setup.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Answers

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Not sure specifically with Virgin but would be the norm for Single Mode APC ( Green SC connector)

Advertisement