Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE Core 2024

• 14-08-2024 7:15am
    Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5

Hey guys,

Just wanted to ask if anyone here did the FAE Core 2024 exam and how did you find it? I found it relatively tough but unsure if it’s only me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2 bluesgirl1906

hey I found it tough too!

Wrecking my head analysing what I should/shouldn’t have said now…

Very frustrating to study so much and then the paper to be honestly so random

• Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5 odusin09

I agree, I’m beating myself for not having time to do the conclusions.

I’m hoping they’ll be lenient with the markings, but my goodness the Mocks 2024 helped very little. As well as the FAE guide. They really highlighted 2.4 for SMAL but nothing really came up for that.

• Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2 bluesgirl1906

Hoping so too!
    They spent so much time giving hints on areas like sustainability/construction contracts/AI in a broader sense and none of that came through unfortunately..

hoping audit will be more predictable

Wishing you the best for Audit! You’ve got this!!

• Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2 johnbduekf24

Would anyone be able to say what they did for the ethics question? I didn't have a framework but talked about the ai and data could cause issues. Am I on the right track??

• Advertisement

I think talking on any Ethical issues will still grant you marks even if you don’t bring up a framework. So if you were able to bring in any issues that can go against Ethcial standards, you’ll still get some marks for that.

• Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1 Daith972

I found the fae core very hard, FR was ok, smal annoyed me so much, due diligence was fine but the other one stumped me, risk was hoping for a risk register or board analysis but corporate governance was a weird question. Applied hodgens framework to the ethical question not sure if that was correct. The AI question was ok felt I could have answered it better and just did general explanations for the data one.

• Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2 amck28

I used the CAI code of ethics for the ethics question I did consider hodgsons but was unsure how to apply

The data analytics question was not something I’d come across before the large language model and the HR Question at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2 Btops

Well for the audit, I am very confused, some people are saying 3000 , 4400 and ISA 720. I do not understand which standard.

I made use of 3300, can someone shed some light please

• Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2 johnbduekf24

was 3000, not sure what 3300 is. it said non audit engage at the top of the question box so can't be 720 and it said assurance was needed so cant be 4400

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2 amck28

I went with 4400 as it was non assurance

3000 is for assurance engagements ?

Just a reminder for anyone who believed some aspect of the exam was unfair the CASSI surveys has been sent around and I’m sure if we all do it and note the issues we had with a specific indicator it could help with the examiners being lenient on marks. For last year FAE Core people were confused whether to use CSR or ESG for an indicator as the actual answer was ESG, but because a lot of people complained on the confusion they got the examiners to accept both approaches.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement