Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorbike Parking near Stephen's green shopping centre

• 14-08-2024 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi,

I'll be starting a new job in Dublin in few weeks near Stephen's green shopping centre and would like to get some advices on where best to park (safely) my motorbike near it?

Thanks for your help 😎

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

There are some good wide path spots on Clarendon St/Row and South William St where you could park a motorbike and chain it to a lamp post or tree without it getting in anyone's way. To you question around "safely", just put two of the most expensive chains/locks you can find on it, and make sure it's secured to something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭muddle84

Alot of bikes park outside Pearse Street Garda Station for security reasons. Its only a 15 minute walk from stephens green then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,031 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I recall seeing recently of somebody clamped there for parking their bike on the footpath. It may have been on reddit. I'll see if I can find the post. Not sure if it was over the annoyance of one particular shop being parked in front of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,031 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Actually just saw a post about an attempted theft outside of the RCSI on Stephens Green. They were ran away by a few bystanders. I also heard of another bike being tampered with parked at the junction of St Stephen's Green and Leeson St. They were not able to get either but still. If you have to park it near your job, make sure its well locked up.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Yeah I think you need to start from a place of assuming that someone is absolutely 100% going to have a go at stealing it.. not "maybe it might potentially happen, but probably not". Work back from there in terms of security and location etc.

I see Pearse St station mentioned - honestly, thieves are so brazen now in Dublin City Centre that I doubt proximity to a Garda Station, even directly outside, would put them off at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Breezin

Not sure where, but there was a video doing the rounds a few months ago of an organized gang brazenly wheeling away bikes in broad daylight somewhere around Stephen's Green.

Where once upon a time I regularly parked in Dublin city centre, in this age of the cordless angle grinder and criminal impunity, I wouldn't leave a Honda 50 out of my sight there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭dubal2008

Check with Drury Street Parking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,538 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Dawson Street and some of the side-roads off Dawson Street are pretty good. I favour Molesworth Street, as it nearly always has a Garda presence at the top of the road (Leinster House). Just not too many solid objects to secure your bike to, so it's a first come first served.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,050 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

A car park is no safer than the side of the road

Advertisement