Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Water Build Over Agreement

• 14-08-2024 4:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Planning an extension to a residential property and just discovered there is a mains sewer line running across the back of our gardens. Manholes in neighbour gardens not mine. Appears to be deep, 6ft+ (to be measured).

Seems like I need to apply for a build over agreement from Irish water. The form initially looks pretty straight forward to complete. One item is evidence of the pipe and they suggest cctv as an example.

Has anyone applied for a build over agreement before? What evidence of the pipe was acceptable?

I am aware of the risks of a build over, however, initially I am just trying to get the application moving while we consider our appetite for such risk.

Jumpa

Advertisement