Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affordable public transport

• 14-08-2024 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Just wondering is there a way to get around using public transport that is more affordable that I don’t know of. Some days I may get 4 or 5 buses.

The buses I’m using are a mix of Bus Eireann buses and Dublin bus. Bus eireann is not long distance - mainly to just save time. I have a leap card but it’s still costing me far more than I expected to get around by bus .

Is there not an incentive with pricing to encourage people to use public transport instead of cars? It takes so much longer to get places and then rush hour is hard to get on a bus at all. Is there tickets that can be bought that I’m not aware of ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1 transportnerd

if you’re working you could try and get a taxsaver leapcard? Details are at taxsaver.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,011 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Leap has fare capping in Dublin - but it excludes Bus Éireann. Does include DART and (some?) commuter rail, if that's any help.

https://about.leapcard.ie/fare-capping

BÉ have various cheaper tix, but what words for you will depend on what particular buses you get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,198 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Not sure what commute you are doing otherwise we could throw suggestions at you. What sort of monies are you paying for your trips, that would be a help.

Advertisement