Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Soccer] Three month ban from soccer

• 14-08-2024 11:18pm
    Administrators Posts: 384 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Received a 1 month ban from the Soccer Forum for writing "3-3. Oh ya!"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

New Premier League, same old story with the mods. The Community Shield was on yesterday, I switched it on when it went to penalties. After it was over I made a couple of comments in the new Premier League season thread as there was no dedicated Community Shield thread, absolutely nothing in the comments. However, at 8PM I got a PM from Necro saying I've been banned for 3 months for baiting for this comment.

It's an entirely fair comment. I told the mod it was a ridiculous warning, there was no abuse, no arguing, no animosity in the thread, let alone the post. I said I would be appealing it, and their opening response was "Appeal away."

I explained why the comment was fair and accurate, but they weren't interested.

Just like the poster said, "That game told us nothing really.

There is the odd time it acts as a barometer for where the teams are at. I didn't get that sense at all today."

So too was the FA Cup final not a true barometer of where both teams were at. The FA Cup final meant everything to Man United, it was their only means of qualifying for Europe. Ten Hag was fighting for his job. Make no mistake, he was gone had they lost. And by extension, some of the players.

Whereas Man City were already qualified for the Champions League months ago. Pep wasn't going to lose his job. Man City won the Premiership on the last day of the season. Then less than a week later, after heavy celebrations no doubt, they had to play the FA Cup final. You could see some of the City players had already checked out mentally and physically in the final and weren't at it, subs at half-time, De Bruyne didn't even last 60 minutes and was absolutely awful.

This was the same Man City team that had won their last 9 PL games in a row, were unbeaten in their last 23 matches. Their last defeat was a 1-0 defeat to Aston Villa in early December 2023. So yes it wasn't a true barometer of where both teams were at, and tell me, what's so unfair about the comment? It's such a nonsense and vague warning, "baiting" that is. You could construe almost anything as baiting if you wanted.

Edit: Just for comparisons sake, Man United's form for their last 9 PL games was won 3, drawn 3 and lost 3.

It's over 3 days later, and I've had no response. Can someone deal with this please?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

This is a separate ban, so I've split this off as a new appeal.

@awec If you could please review.

Thanks. But I would have preferred the post being left where it was. It highlighted the continuing, ridiculous and pedantic nature of the moderation in the Soccer Forum. Plus, the last appeal wasn't resolved either. I'm going to leave a link to it, so any onlookers can see what goes on here.

Wait, where is all that history gone? What have you done here? Deleted all the previous posts? Why would you do that, instead of creating a new thread? Can you reverse that please? I could have created a new thread, but didn't for a reason. I want people to see EXACTLY what goes on here. And for posterity as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The old thread was moved to the DRP archive, as is normal practice, nothing was deleted.

• Advertisement

Sorry, so where can I see it please? And as I said, it was never resolved. Never mind, I've found it. Who is going to see that? Who even goes in there? You'd be covered in cobwebs visiting that crypt.

It was never "resolved", that's why it was still open, and I posted a new comment in it. It's an ongoing issue. I've said numerous times what goes on here, but if whoever makes a decision on this separate matter and if they come down on the side of Necro, you're showing to all who will see this, all be it limited, in this corner of Boards.ie, that what I've said about moderation on this site is true.

You were given an admin response, which you didn't respond to for 4 months. If you still have something to respond with regarding that 1 month ban, I can move it back then.

From the last post.

"sligeach, as per my previous post to you in February if you want to discuss the ban you come to discuss the ban. You don't come throwing around digs and insults."

And they continue…

"May I suggest though that you look at your argumentative and aggressive style of posting. Your posts on this thread have been long rants throwing insults at the site, the moderators and the administrators. There was no reasonable discussion. You have been made aware of the type of posting that will get you warned and/or banned from Soccer. If you wish to remain an active member of the soccer forum you need to contribute constructively."

I can't think why I didn't respond to them, or why they didn't take their own advice. You know, some might call that post "baiting". 😉

I have discussed the issues. But what it all boils down to is, we're(mods) right(because we hold the power), you're wrong, just accept it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement