Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RMT 24/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Haven't done too much tinkering tbh...was fairly set on Salah and Haaland from the start.

Not overly happy with Henderson in goal butt he seems nailed and Palace should be solid.

Nkunku could be interesting I guess and Munoz is a punt for the first few weeks.

I'm anticipating an early Wildcard 😬

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,354 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

No Liverpool?

You need a Liverpool attacker or 2, they have by far the best opening fixtures.

Dendoncker won't play many minutes, either Winks or Sangare seem to be the go to 5th mid.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭duefrine

Going without Mo or Halland for the season, wish me luck 🤞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,864 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Screenshots people! We need screenshots!

Unless you're still on a Nokia 5110 no writing out your team with names

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Dendoncker over the others as they have high ownership, so they'll be more susceptible to losing value. I don't picture ever using Dendoncker. He's just cheap filler.

Sure I'll have another look at a Pool attacker…

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

Some strongly balanced teams out there, think going be lots of bandwagons early when likes foden Watkins Palmer and saka kick back into gear, and any newly promoted teams do anything

Hope to have settled on this, Salah just hanging on in there

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Coach6932

Long time lurker but have decided to actually post this upcoming season having been a fan of the forum for years.

Current draft below, albeit expect more tinkering. May be a slight slow burner at the start due to late returns to preseason etc. but I typically try to avoid an early WC and think the vast majority of the below will be nailed on from GW3 onwards (allowing for pep roulette). Also think Foden + Salah is likely to outscore Haland + Jota over the early weeks.

Thoughts/advice welcomed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,911 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

My last big decision is down to this. At the moment, I'm leaning towards the latter as Jota is playing OOP and has a few returns in pre-season. You need to strike when the iron is hot with him. Minteh is in form too but Brighton are signing a lot of people which may disrupt the team/reduce minutes.

Saka Minteh Solanke

vs

Jota Gordon Havertz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭dazzday

Relatively happy at the moment with this, Have 1m in the bank for some tweaking

Could upgrade Eze or Rodgers ….not sure who tho

• Advertisement

Eze → Gordon?

I'm after taking Gordon out of my team to fund Saka (and subsequently Foden) and I'm not sure if I'm happy out it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

More potential upside with the 1st 3 picks but the others are safer picks in medium term you feel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

That’s a hard call.

I’d slightly prefer the first for three reasons.

Howe’s comments have been interpreted that Gordon will only play first 60 or last 30.

I think Sala is a season hold.

There are quite a few good 5.5m options so if Minteh doesn’t work out you can easily shift for a different 5.5 mid.

Fourth reason - how long before Jota gets injured ? Even though I currently have him myself.

A lot of Watkins in drafts

According to yesterday's fantasyfootballscout podcast he hasn't played a single minute of any if villas pre season games.

He'll hardly start this weekend will he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭Dubstar07

sorry can’t screen shot :-(

Raya

Saliba/Gvardiol/Porro

Rodrigo/Eze/Jota/ESR

EBH/Isak/Hazertz

Henderson/Konsa/Barco/Rogers

Haven’t had a lot of time ring time, Rodrigo needs a sub I see now. Anything to tweak?

1m itb for any mods next week.
    thanks, good luck all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,817 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Think im nearing on being settled.

Raya

Saliba, Mykolenko, Akanji

Eze, Palmer, D. Jota, Garnacho

João Pedro, Haaland, Isak

Flekken, Davis, Andersen, Winks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Thoughts on my 50th iteration!!

Pope

Hall Quansah Gabriel

Jota Bruno Palmer Sangare

Haaland Isak Havertz

Subs. 4.0 GK, Smith-Rowe, Barco, Harwood-Bellis

Right. That's it. I'm done. No more tinkering for now.

This is GW1.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,354 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Think I'm done.

Pope/Henderson rotate perfectly.

TAA starts + 2 from 4 with best fixtures.

Murphy for a 2x Newcastle attack - have 1.5m itb to upgrade to a 7m mid or even straight swap to ESR.

I think front 3 speaks for themselves, most teams will have 2/3 of them.

I see Quansah in a few drafts, is he nailed this season?

I didn't get the memo.

• Advertisement

From what I read (Liverpool supporter blogs), he had a very good pre-season and is likely to take Konatés place in the first 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

Ye most likely I'd say prob 90% quansa starts and his place to lose from there have him myself and great fixtures, similarly I think barco will play gw1, tough fixtures in 2/3 but think he will lose his place by then with the recent signing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

thanks.

I've settled now on a combination of them really - Saka/Jota/Solanke. I had 0.5 ITB so was able to get up to Jota.

Having Saka still gives me Arsenal attack for their nice opening fixture, but also a route to Foden in GW2 while Arsenal have a tough fixture against Villa. Also Jota is easily switchable to Gordon/Eze/Martinelli/any 7.5 really if he loses his place/fitness/form. Likewise Minteh, which might happen but willing to take a gamble at the start on him with his pre-season form and surprise factor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,290 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

lots of Quansah love online. i don't get it at all.

the allure of Liverpool's defence is Trent's attacking potential. we have no clue as to how solid they will be at the back, and they haven't been trustworthy on that front in a long time. Liverpool's is not an elite defence like City and Arsenal - well, at least we have no proof of it yet. I think it's more likely Ipswich score than don't in GW1. I say that as a Trent owner.

also, nobody really knows if Quansah is nailed. there have been rumours that Slot does not fancy Konaté. but we don't know medium-long term at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I only have one 4.5m def spot and can't decide whose the best. Mykolenko, Robinson, Hall, Konsa - that's probably how I would rank them at the moment but perhaps leaning towards Robinson. Looking at short term fixtures, max first 6 games.

New boss, and what they've seen in the pre season. I looked at a few blogs and they're all rating him. To quote one of them, "No player appeared more than his 290 minutes or had more touches across the pre-season games (311)."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,290 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

that's fine. he might absolutely be nailed. but i think the only viable Liverpool defender is still Trent because of his attacking potential.

If you're treating Quansah like your other 4.5s, and he's not being treated as a defender for an elite defence, then I think he's a perfectly solid pick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25 Jack the snipe

Who do ye think is best for the first few weeks?

A. Son, Eze, and Havertz or

B. Saka, Gordon, and Solanke.

I like the look of A, but B looks safer.

Any views?

• Advertisement

Might be worth pointing out that FF website as been known to struggle in the lead up to the gw1 deadline so get you tinkering done now and even if your playing about with it, set your captaincy etc.

Advertisement