Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabra

• 15-08-2024 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

Where are the 'safer' parts of Cabra please? With a view to purchasing a house in the area. Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭PSFarrell

Cabra is safe in general...the closer to the Cabra road and Luas Stop would have a premium over other areas. If I were you the area close to Mount Bernard Park is nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭forumdedum

• Registered Users Posts: 7 _my0pia_

In general, the closer to Phibsborough/Stoneybatter - the nicer the area. Areas around the Christ The King Church (Leix Road, Offaly Road etc.) and Annamoe (Drive, Terrace, Road, Park) are arguably the most desirable parts of Cabra, ranging from ex-corporation housing to larger, Victorian houses in certain parts.

Affordability is starting to become an issue, particularly in the areas I listed up above. We bought early last year for 355k, and the house needed work. But houses are now selling for well over 400k, with some reaching as high as 600-700k. So if you can afford it, Old Cabra (or Cabra East as Google Maps calls it) south of Faussagh Road is the more safe and settled end of Cabra

If you've any questions about a particular street or area, send me on a message :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Thank you very much for this valuable information. Yes I will ask you about some areas via PM.

Advertisement