Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What the hell are these

• 15-08-2024 2:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,040 ✭✭✭✭

so two questions.

Some eggs I found in a little pot I had put a strawberry runner in. Loads of them. Any idea what they are?

and this stuff I found a while back in amongst a new strawberry bed. Like a mushroom or something? Was a fair bit of it and looked horrible 🤣

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭purplesnack

The eggs look like snails (or slugs) eggs but couldn't be sure. The fungus looks like a type of cup fungus. I have it in my garden too. It's great for recycling nutrients so best to leave it there - horrible and all as it might look :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I'd go with vine weevil too for first picture, the nemesis of every gardener.

A silent assassin.

Ruthless.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭laros

If it was Vine weevil would the eggs not be larva now….. they tend to emerge from june ….. I found some eggs like these on monday in a pot …but i believe they were slug/snail …

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭laros

also Vine weevil eggs are around 1mm in diameter… the eggs pictured look a bit bigger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,040 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I think slug or snail eggs probably makes sense. Lots of slugs around lately. The eggs were about 3mm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Vine weevil have a brownish head and are more curved than round. Those are slug eggs. The fungus frequently grows in compost and is harmless.

Advertisement