Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LSL to charge for the App

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,782 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

There's some money in cattle. When you hear of this sh1thousery. People wouldn't be going to the trouble of this bs if there wasn't.

And feckin aul pawns then of farmers looking at this crap of the elite at the top playing games with their livelihood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 jambon0104

See taafee moved to mart eye. He has sales in Dungannon and in Carnaross. Any more marts move?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

How will work with Carnaross you would wonder... or will he move his sale to Ballyjamesduff...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭visatorro

Just looked at his website, sale is still advertised for carnaross. Alot of his cows go north. Has carnaross a licence for exporting cattle. Does that matter for cattle going to the north?

Yes Carnaross has an export license as has Ballyjamesduff. I would say every mart in the North East of the country has, as there would be a lot of cattle for this area heading north. Yes all cattle crossing the border have to pass through an department approved export facility. A few years ago we killed cattle in Omagh & they were exposed through Carnaross.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭alps

The payment came from a place in Donegal. So the VAT was the same as selling to factory in the South. I am not vat registered.

Edit: its was the year of the BEAM payments, the cattle were killed before the scheme was announced.. but as they were slaughtered in a plant outside the Rep of Ireland they weren't eligible for the scheme.

Post edited by Anto_Meath on

Heard today the first man hasn't bought in any mart that moved from LSL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭White Clover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭QA1

buying in kanturk last Tuesday week anyway they move from lsl the week before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭Dozer1

anyone else have trouble with no sound from Gortatlea, tried the audio only stream and no good, happens a few times only ever in that mart

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Murang

if you click on select stream and then click on rtc high-res the sound should work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭kk.man

Talking to a marts app installer when they first came on the scene and he was adamant the information to be extracted is eye-watering.

Seen a post on Facebook from Hennessy machinery sales. There adamant that no one will have to pay to watch. I'm even more confused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10 nippy12

No.. Says there is a charge. I don't know what your looking at

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,929 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Charging to look at an auction is the definition of poor business acumen.

It should read - all are welcome. Free tea and coffee.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

Seems that marts changing over is done now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

my local mart moved from MartBids to LSL a few weeks ago. At this time of year I’ve to keep an eye on a lad that goes to the mart around October to sell weanlings and be in his yard fairly quick after to get a few euros off him. But LSL doesn’t give seller details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,976 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

It dose give sellers details but some marts do not put those details up

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭White Clover

I think your bonè fide's on this thread are questionable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭jfh

Martbids is missing a lot of the functionality that lsl had, subject sale & purchases, no play back been a few

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭grass10

LSL now have live price per kg on display for live bidding a great addition for the people bidding online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,976 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

TBH if you cannot do the calculations yourself you are at nothing. If you ate buying and either reselling or finishing you are a trader. As a trader you should have all the figures you need from what you sell

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭grass10

Agree I was actually making a dig at our factory and large private feedlot buyers as they buy large numbers online so rather than having to use a calculator it's now being done automatically for them just makes life easier for them as for me I buy 99% of my animals in person at mart rings since I started farming have always purchased every animal per kilo and will always have my price per kg worked out in advance of buying any type of animals before I go to any mart once an animal stands on the weigh bridge I multiply their real weight by my price per kg so I have my limit in my head ever before the details appear on the mart board or the auctioneer looks for an opening bid, I don't trust some marts for accuracy of weight as have seen too many times weights on the mart board not matching the steady weight on the scale and usually the weight is higher than what was on the scale that's why I buy in person

Advertisement