Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Pure Telecom phone service VOIP or phoneline?

• 15-08-2024 9:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭

Hello,

I'm paying over €80 a month for basic landline and phone service from Eir. Thinking of switching to Pure Telecom since AFAIK the broadband service will be the same as they both use OpenEir.

But what about Pure Telecoms landline service? Can I keep my number and will calls still come through over the phone lines? I've heard of other WiMax providers that offer phone service that goes over the internet and it ends up being flaky.

Cheers,

Flex

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

If you are on xDSL broadband, then the phone service will still come via the phone-line with Pure Telecom (unless they've changed it) while FTTH will be VoIP via their router

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭RobiePAX

OpenEir only accepts VoIP for new orders on FTTH (1GB)

On FTTC (100MB) VoIP is encouraged but not enforced yet. As some providers still allow it, while others like eir force you to switch on recontract.

On DSL (10MB) you'll keep phoneline as VoIP is not supported.

I'd say switch to VoIP now as they are actively pushing the switchover by 2030 , so it's just a matter of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jgc115

I've been using Pure Telecom for over 5 years and I've had only one land line issue in that time, which was resolved in 1 day. Turned out to be a DSL splitter issue at the exchange side. The quality would not be as good as a good quality VOIP but very acceptable - better than the old POTS network.

I've never had an issue with the broadband and I'm paying a little more than half of what you're paying.

Regards,

jgc115

Advertisement