Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there something wrong with cork driving- is covid to blame;

• 15-08-2024 11:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭

I'm down in cork for a few days. driving, kinsale, cobh, mahon point, douglas shopping. fota isalnd etc. I am trying to fathom the driving style, is it french, italian, indian, or just unique to cork city and environs and what is the almighty rush!! I now expect a car to swop lanes with no notice when we are all going at 5mph, and at traffic lights if I am in the left hand lane turning left expect a car that was in the other lane going straight on to pull across me no signal.

Does it matter if you are not driving a cork reg?? And is parking in bays reserved for mother in child to be ignored.

And finally only seen one garda car over 4 days.

I go home soon any other hazards to watch out for?? I have mastered that Dunkettle interchange go like the clappers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭yogmeister

I don't think COVID is to blame , I think the population here generally has poor driving abilities and etiquette then add in very little enforcement of traffic laws and rules and you end up with a population that behaves as they want on the road .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,436 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

No, people are just arseholes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I dont think the driving 'skills' are unique to Cork and certainly not covid related.

Not sure where home driving is for you, but having just come back from driving in Dublin for a week, my hair is even greyer that it was before 🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭swoofer

now beer that is interesting as I find driving in Dublin… easier or maybe I just up my level of alertness. I drive mostly around galway/limerick/clare.

Here is one from Dunkettle today heading back to pick up M8 to Dublin and speed was 60KPH and the lane for Dublin is blooming sharp but no traffic so easy but then silver car comes up behind and tailgates until I get to M8 and 100kph I speed up and they are just dawdling behind. We were the only 2 cars on the link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Think it seems worse anywhere you aren't familiar with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Jeju

Morning of Tuesday 3rd September is my prediction where 3 or 4 cars will be parked in each other (drivers scratching their heads wondering why they couldn't stop when they a whole meter from the car in front). Bloomfield interchange going west is where this will occur twice weekly till mid October, has been more or less incident free since June.

Advertisement