Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turkish Airlines checked baggage cost

• 16-08-2024 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I booked return flights Dublin to Istanbul Oct 2024 through Lastminute.com. When I tried to add checked baggage one 23kg bag cost €148. I then went to Turkish airlines site and the cost there was €198. Is this normal, it seems very expensive.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Looks like they charge per kilo for anything over the allowance on your ticket. Is it possible to change your original booking to a category with a built-in baggage allowance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Is there a bag included in your original booking? That seems way too expensive. I used to travel Turkish a lot, and never remember anything like that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Yeah I remember looking at flights to BKK with KLM……€200.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 johnmaggie11

I booked with Lastminute.com so only the 8kg cabin bag is included. Lastminute have a bag adding service in their APP but as I said it’s €148 per bag each way.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

They do this so the flights appear to be a real bargain, but then you add the luggage….

I had a friend had the same thing happened but she said eff them and went with just the hand luggage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement